Publish Date: January 23, 2021
Location: United States
State: North Carolina
Senior Software Engineer will develop, maintain and support new or existing software products while evangelizing and applying the best practices of software development. Responsibilities include the ability to work independently and as part of the leadership group of a larger team to deliver quality solutions across all phases and layers of the software lifecycle.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
• Meet or exceed test coverage goals set for the project through creation of unit and functional tests
• Minimize the number of production escapes
• Support user acceptance testing
• Support or conduct system testing, performance, volume, and stress testing
• Collaborate with business and UX team to create appropriate application User interfaces
• Assist with mock-up’s, user interface design
• Incorporate UX components into application
• Provide feedback to UX team
Product Reliability & Response:
• Ensure system can meet or exceed defined SLA’s
• When primary on-call respond to pages within 15min, and resolve or escalate issue as necessary
• Resolve production issues and communicate resolution to appropriate stakeholders
• Complete stories within estimates and with quality to ensure release dates are met
• Conduct necessary analysis, design and prepare technical documentation
• Estimate story sizes and task out development for a given story
• Follow the company development process and suggest improvements
• Work with infrastructure services to make configuration changes and deploy applications
• Evangelize company common practices and development procedures
• Exhibit technical leadership in given technical subject domain
• Identify new technologies and approaches that may improve our quality, productivity, and capabilities
• Mentor peers and junior developers
• Delegate, and coordinate functional development tasks as needed
• Drive innovation in the development, release and operations processes
• Collaboration: We collaborate with our teams and our customers to get the job done, respecting individual ideas and contributions and moving forward in pursuit of shared goals.
• Results: We deliver on our promises to create value for the freight rail industry through talented people, good ideas, business leadership, and great technology.
• Service: We serve the changing needs of our customers and our industry to enhance the value they bring to our community, the environment and our economy.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Works under deadlines and subject to heavy project load
• Ability to provide technical expertise to others and explain concepts with technical staff
• Ability to operate independent of supervision with extreme accuracy and attention to detail.
• Experience in defining requirements, designing and illustrating process flows, and training users.
• Ability to communicate and follow up professionally (written and oral) both internally and externally within the organization – including documentation of application requirements
• Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues effectively
• Ability to mentor others
• 7 years of Java/J2EE Web Development Experience.
• Comfortable with front-end, middle tier and backend technologies.
• Expertise in front-end technologies like Angular, Spring MVC or equivalent, hands on experience in these technologies a must in last 3 years.
• Expertise in Spring, Spring Boot and hibernate or equivalent ORM, hands on experience in these technologies a must in last 2 years.
• Experience is working with Docker and Kubernetes environment, hands on experience in building docker applications.
• Web Service SOAP/REST expertise, especially as a service provider.
• MDB/MDP/Broker/Service Bus MQ technologies development experience in last 2-3 years is a plus. If the candidate is just familiar with MQ or has minimal experience, needs to be really strong in specific front-end, backend technologies of Struts/Spring/hibernate.
• Expertise using Tomcat servers
• Experience with Agile software development methodology
• Expertise in using version control software like git, etc.
• Strong understanding of deployment processes, deployment environments, production application trouble shooting techniques etc. too.
• Experience to work with AWS cloud native services like S3, CloudFront, Lambda, ELB, SNS, SQS and Route53 will be a plus
• Experience to deploy application components in AWS EKS cluster and to debug any issues will be a plus
• Experience in using Aurora RDS for database will be a plus
• Experience in using Amazon MQ for message broker service will be a plus
Education & Experience:
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent field desired and 7 years of technical experience
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field desired and 3 years of technical experience
• AWS Developer or Solutions Architect certification will be a plus
0 Reviews ( 0 out of 0 )
BID Stats : 0 Bids posted on this ad